Vegan friendly – oil free – egg free – vegetarian friendly
This dish was completely made up on the spot, so I won’t be able to provide a recipe list with specific measurements. BUT with that said, you absolutely need to make your own, and hopefully this loose recipe is enough to help you whip up something good! This lasagna recipe contains no meat or dairy whatsoever. That being said, whether you’re vegetarian, vegan or a meat eater, if you have taste buds, you will surely find a spot in your heart for this nice and hearty dish! Who doesn’t love a good lasagna dish? I promise to remake this and note specific measurements next time! Below is the breakdown of how I put this deliciousness together.
2c tomato paste
Vegan ground “beef”
2 onions (finely chopped)
1 pack mushrooms (chopped)
Beans of choice
1 stem celery (finely chopped)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
Salt to taste
black pepper to taste
Pinch of paprika
Italian Parsley (chopped)
1 zucchini (chopped)
1. Preheat pot on medium setting
2. Add your chopped ingredients to a large pot
3. Pour a little (about 3 tablespoons) veggie stock into the pot (as you would with oil)
4. Cover pot, and stir occasionally until the mushrooms are cooked all the way through
5. Add tomato paste, beans, garlic, salt, vegan ground beef, paprika, black pepper, and a little more veggie stock if you find the mixture too thick.
6. Cover for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
350g non-GMO pack hard tofu
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
Dash of salt
Dash of black pepper
1. Use a potato masher and mash/mix all ingredients together
2. Aim for the consistency of ricotta cheese
1. Boil until cooked
2. Drain water and run under cold water to avoid them sticking together
Now for the Lasagna Layers!
1. Preheat oven at 350°
2. Add a little sauce to baking dish and spread it throughout to avoid the pasta from sticking to the dish.
3. Place 3 strips of noddles side by side to cover the dish
4. The next layer is sauce
5. The next layer is the “cheese”
6. The next layer is baby spinach (raw. This layer is optional)
7. Repeat these layers until you reach the top.
8. I sprinkled a little bread crumbs on the top. This too, is optional.
9. Bake for 20-30 mins
Change things up by adding some of the following: