This recipe is quick, simple and nutritious. I tried it pretty much at random and was satisfied with the results. Sweet potato is perfect on its own, but it’s always fun to change things up when it comes to flavour. You will need a juicer for this recipe, but if you don’t have one, you’re absolutely free to cook both ingredients and just blend them altogether. The reason I decided to juice the bell pepper is because my aim was to offer traditional mashed potatoes, but with added flavour, and a hint of red to shake things up.
2 Japanese sweet potatoes
1/2 red bell pepper
Ground flax seed to garnish
1. Wash and peel your sweet potatoes
2. Cut into 1/2 inch chunks, and steam until you can pierce through the chunks and set aside
3. Place sweet potato chunks into a large bowl
4. Wash and chop red bell peppers to fit inside your juicer
5. Juice the bell pepper
6. Begin to hand mash the sweet potato, slowly adding the fresh bell pepper juice until you get the consistency you desire.
7. Garnish with ground flax seed and serve warm